Sunday, July 13, 2008

An Awesome Weekend

Augustus and I had a really great weekend at Shiloh. There were alot of thunderstorms rolling around the valley, making a beautiful setting as the rain and clouds fell over the mountains. It's amazing what a little rise in the humidity will do to that desert heat! So, I am so proud of Gus. He is doing so extremely well in his pasture and seems like he is enjoying life. We spent so much of the weekend together, just hanging out and enjoying each others company, but also managed to take on some new training excersises as well. As the months roll along, I keep entertaining the idea of us doing the October 2008 NWHA Show and Adoption here in Las Vegas. I will definitely keep everyone posted on that as time draws near. As usual, we spent a great deal of our weekend way back in the Mesquite trees, enjoying nice walks and exploring, stopping from time to time to just lay in the soft sand.











4 comments:

ARL said...

I love your photos! The picture of you across his back and your both looking up should be put in a frame on the wall. What a beautiful horse.
I love these Mustangs so much. I'm still bidding on the horse from my mustangs herd in the on-line adoption.
I look forward to reading more of your blog.

Jenny K. said...

I love all of your pics. Again, I wish Wishes and I could have spent some time hanging out with Gus and you. Hopefully, this weekend we will be able to.

Katherine said...

Looks like you know about the "Jeffries" method! Cool...

nikki said...

Eric,

Thanks for leaving me a comment so I can check out your blog as well! Your horse is so handsome! I can't wait to read more!

Do you do anything (or plan to) with mustang promotion? For example to take your mustang to shows or events to promote the breed and mustang adoption? I would like to do that with mine when they are a little older but I'm not sure how to find events or clubs in MN.