Monday, July 21, 2008

Freezemark 06599537

A few weeks back, Dr. Little came out from Desert Pines Equine to Shiloh for his monthly visit. He comes out to work on the rescue horses and provide the care for any necessary procedures they may need, such as being gelded, floating the teeth, etc. I had him take a brief moment to look Augustus over and sign my BLM title release. I picked the release up the following day and immediately sent it off in the mail. Well, I checked my mailbox yesterday and I had a big envelope from the National Wild Horse and Burro Center. I had a big smile on my face as I opened the envelope and there it was...Augustus is finally a titled Mustang. :) I double checked the info on the title, making sure the Freezemark and markings match my adoption paperwork, and all was good. I now have complete ownership of Augustus, and call all the shots. I couldn't be happier. Other than that, we had a crazy sandstorm followed by some rain that lasted a few hours. Before it hit, it was actually pretty eerie. You could see the dark, thunderous clouds approaching and leading the way was a brown, smog like cloud full of dust and sand. Right before we were hit, all the burros and mules started braying, warning everyone to grab the nearest panel or tie rail and hold on! Augustus and I were way on the other side of the ranch when it hit, hanging out with Amber, Bill and their newly adopted Mustang, Oolong. The storm was too crazy to try and make the trek back to the pasture, so I put Gus in a nearby stall so he could have some shelter. I decided to run to my truck to wait it out. Once it calmed a little, I grabbed Gus and we slowly made it back to his pasture. He was greeted with a nicker from his friend Borrego who must have been worried about him during the storm. For the next two hours, I stayed with Gus under his big shelter and we just listened to the rain and wind until the storm completely passed.




7 comments:

arlene said...

Congratulations on being Augustus's one and only dad. That looks like a horrible sandstorm you had. Great pictures.

mikey said...

You are so funny!!! Love those last pics, lol!

Hey, I put my old blog back up, so come visit thehorseshoeinghousewife.blogspot.com

Callie said...

Congrats on the new ownership! Found you through Mikey, that crazy girl. LOL. That looks like one heck of a storm. Awesome pics!

Life at Star's Rest said...

Congratulations on getting your title for Augustus. It's always a special little celebration for us when one arrives. Carmon

Jenny K. said...

Yay!!!!! Congrats, proud papa! That was a fun day, but I so wish I had been there for the storm! Oh well, we made our own fun.

nikki said...

Congrats on the title! It's always a wonderful feeling when they finally come in the mail.

Great pics of the sand storm! It's crazy how they come up like that. We had a lot of those in Colorado too. I can't count how many times I got stuck in a horse shelter or trailer waiting the storm out lol.

Karen C. said...

We just got our burro titles today! Yay!
Congrats on getting your Title.

Gotta tell ya, I LOVE the storm pix! Too funny!

Karen and Tripp