Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Big Two

Augustus' 2nd birthday is August 24th, but since I will be out of town we went ahead and celebrated today (the 23rd) out at the ranch. Definitely turned out to be a very fun day. Since it was Gus' birthday, I decided to hold off on work and just focus on letting him have some fun and just be a horse with his pals. At the ranch, we have a large arena over at what I like to call the "Boarder" side of the property, and that is pretty much where we were all day long. Borrego, Cochise, Colbert, and Wishes all joined Gus for the fun. Needless to say, there was so much bucking, farting, rearing, and dust coming from that arena! Around noon, we all gathered at the lounge area and enjoyed some cake. I interrupted the play time for a brief moment and brought Gus over. Everyone sang to him, I stuck my finger in the frosting and let Gus try it, and then we all enjoyed the cake while Gus enjoyed the tasty grass around the lounge area and main office. Afterwards, Gus returned to his buddies and finished out the day having a grand time. He was definitely full of himself all day and enjoyed all the attention he received from everyone at the ranch.

Other than hanging out with Gus, I have just been busy with the National Wild Horse Association work, trying to get our Mustangs and Burro adopted out. Lots of interested people calling, but the adoptions have been slow. We have a number of foals from the recent Nellis Gather who are nearly ready to be fostered out as well. Also, our 18th Annual National Wild Horse Association Wild Horse & Burro Show and Adoption on October 18 & 19, 2008 is a definite go now, so if you are at all interested, please keep checking our NWHA website for all of the information. Like I have said before, you may just see Augustus and I there...









7 comments:

Katherine said...

Hey Eric...did you make Gus a carrot cake?...and those hind hooves look a little too close to your camera!!! omg!

Jenny K. said...

I love the party hats! That is so awesome. I agree with Katherine, though, it looks like Wishes almost nailed you! Thanks again for the cake, and having Wishes and Colbert with you all day. I'm sorry I had to leave early. Gus is so wonderful, and all of your love and attention have really paid off. Happy 2nd Birthday, Gus!

Mikey said...

Happy Birthday Gus!!! How sweet :)

I'm with Jenny, looks like you almost got some feet in the face! Yikes!

You have an admirer in my comments section :)

arlene said...

Happy birthday Gus!

Sharil said...

Eric,

Borrego and Gus look cute with their Bday hats on!! I see B almost got you and your camera, must have been all that sugar from the cake...hahaha

Mel said...

Hey Eric! It's Melissa from the good ole PNG days! Sorry I'm way late getting back with you. I really suck at this blog thing (but my new ambition is to get this thing going once and for all)...

Las Vegas huh? That's so great! I think what you are doing is amazing! Yeah, I'm in Cali now till March, who knows after that. 832 area code...actually it's a Houston area code...I just didn't feel like going through all the trouble having it changed. But yes, I'm actually in St. Helena now...in the Napa Valley, close to Sacremento. It's wonderful here...but I miss Tex Mex like no other!!

Stay in touch! It's great hearing from you!

Cheers,
Mel

Karen C. said...

Happy Birthday Gus!!! Love the cake and the party hats!

Love the photo of the hooves.....objects are closer than they may appear. ACK! Glad you were not any closer to them!

Karen and Tripp