Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Journey

"As I walked throughout the wilderness of this world..." -John Bunyon

Hey folks! Hope everyone had a wonderful Independence Day! I spent my day down at the ranch and was lucky enough to be in the company of some wonderful friends and their cool horses. It was awesome to be able to make it out to the ranch on a Saturday and reconnect with Dave, Deonna, and Dakotah Hickey. The Hickeys own two Thoroughbreds named Rookie and Numerous, and have recently adopted a little gelding named Sunday. After all the ranch work was done, we decided to take our guys out for a long walk out in the desert. Dakotah rode Rookie, Dave walked/rode Numerous, Deonna walked Sunday, and I walked with Augustus. It was such a nice, peaceful walk outside of the ranch gates, and I can't think of a better way to have spent July 4th, 2009. The event was actually Sundays first time walking through the gates and also the first time Rookie and Numerous were ridden outside the gates. Everyone did so well. Gus is a pro when it comes to walking and exploring the desert....pretty soon we will be exploring the desert just as Numerous and Rookie have done.....and I will be the happiest guy on earth at that very moment.









2 comments:

arlene said...

John Bunyon was born and bred in Bedford like me. I use to ride through his village (Elstow) on my pony.

Your walk looked lovely. I like to go for walks with horses as well. I think it helps build a bond with young horses. I really liked the picture of Augustus drinking out of your hand.

the 4 D's said...

How did you get the pix ???? just kidding we need to do this more often
Dave