Friday, August 14, 2009

August 14th Play Day

Today was a great day! Gus spent most of the day playing in the arena with Sawyer, Cochise, Borrego, and TC (Tony Curtis). Sawyer and I also spent some time teaching Gus to pony. All is going well, but every now and then his near 3 year old attention span kicks in but he is quickly put back in his place. They are starting to make a great team and I couldn't be happier. On a different note, today was my little brother, Jared Clayton's birthday. Jared passed away in 2004 due to brain cancer at the age of 19. My parents and I always take this day off of work and enjoy the day as Jared would...exploring someplace new, listening to music and daydreaming, enjoying fresh blueberries and blackberries, etc. Well today, in Jared's honor, my boys and I shared some blueberries. Unfortunately, Jared never had a chance to meet Gus and Sawyer, but as the saying goes..."Great minds think alike"....and my boys love blueberries. We love you, Jared.

http://www.myspace.com/jaredadamclayton










2 comments:

FishermansDaughter said...

So sorry to read about the loss of your brother. Taking the day and doing fun things is a wonderful tribute to his memory.

the 4 D's said...

I like this ,what a way to celebrate life ,a brother and your boys and blueberrys .Im glad we have become Great Friends .
Dave